The fan zone was particularly impressive with loads of exciting free #fanengagement activations for fans such as free try cards for fans as well as:
– NAIDOC hand paintings station
– Cadbury cheer box and in-ground decibel reader.
– Barbershop with expert barbers trimming fans beards
– Skills drills
– Player autographs with kids loving this as the players past and present roamed the outside concourses
– Live music. The band was particularly impressive and had the crowd going off
– Face painting
– Battle of the bands
The digital QR code program was useful while the welcome to country was one of the best I’ve seen around the grounds with the man doing this really revving up the crowd.
I also thought it was outstanding to be able to watch the previous game between Ireland and New Zealand over a beer in the fan zone before heading into the ground.
It’s fantastic that the venue has within the past year opened a dedicated VEGAN outlet on the bottom concourse near 301 because this shows how inclusive they are for fans. It’s great to also see the sustainability on show with the dedicated bottle only bins for recycling.
It was also very pleasant to see how respectful everyone was to the staff at the ground too who were doing a good job in what will be a busy week for #suncorpstadium with three more huge games coming up in Brisbane Broncos Queensland Rugby League Origin and Leeds United Brisbane Roar FC all of which I’ll be attending.