Last night I took in the brand new and incredibly impressive Allianz Stadium in Sydney for the Roosters versus Souths NRL and NRLW matches. I will have a comprehensive review of the fan experience coming shortly for Australasian Leisure Management Magazine but for now here are some of my highlights on the venue and fan experience.
– Incredible atmosphere from the Roosters and Souths fans
– Accessible seating and more of it for fans who need it
– Wide concourses and no security or ushers telling you to move on
– Local Sydney craft beers (Happy Hour pricing 49% off was nice)
– Seating is outstanding. Nice comfy seats and good views everywhere
– LEDs, IPTV’s, light up posts, lighting, big screens all impressive and vibrant for fans
– Sustainability initiatives
– Roosters fan engagement
– Pre-game show was pumping from The Presets
– The Merivale food offering was outstanding. You can see the quality and diversity.
– Customer service was phenomenal
– Welcome on entry from staff
– Seamless ticketing entry through gates
– Transport was brilliant with the new light rail just superb. Electric car charging, buses, cycle racks
– Increase in toilets, especially female toilets.
– Self service kiosks for food and beverages
– The public art work from the 6 artists on show was very eye catching
– The outside court sports surface that anyone can use is very cool and a good use of stadium space on non game days
– Free commemorative flags and try cards on entry for the big game
– Very clear way-finding signage inside and outside the venue