While recently in Seattle I took in the Seattle Mariners MLB fan experience at Safeco Field. This was another quality day out at the baseball that yielded a few good discussions with staff here and a look at what they do to enhance the day out for kids and families, drive community initiatives and provide unique seating experiences for fans.
As always on my venue visits there was plenty of creative ideas, inspiration and lessons to take home but some of the highlights included:
– Venue artworks scattered throughout concourse spaces
– Hall of fame with interactive features and a Mariners history walk
– HopBox craft beer shipping container pop up bar
– Urban Garden focus on recycling and composting venue waste
– Food Roster pocket guide detailing dietary options (vegan/gluten free etc) and all the various food available over the course of the season
– Happy and helpful staff with big smiles, positivity and knowledge on arrival and in answering questions throughout the day
– Smorgasbord of local, healthy and tasty F&B options including grasshoppers!
– Gender neutral toilets
– Used merch section for fans to buy game and player used merchandise
– Fan Brick Locator for fans to search for their plaques
– Kids Playground with endless kids only activities including the exciting play area that lets kids dangle over the stadium
– First game certificate stations (thanks for the honeymoon one guys!)
– Warm up standing area for fans to take in players practicing during the game
If visiting it is worthwhile to take in the Pyramid Brewery pre-game festivities adjacent to the stadium while a short walk away is the fascinating old time baseball shop, Ebbets Field Flannels which is well worth a look.
Add a Mariners game to your venue visit list if you come through here sometime.