WOW, what a day it was yesterday up here in gorgeous Townsville, North Queensland for the opening of the new Queensland Country Bank Stadium for the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys NRL game.
A superb local team effort here from all stakeholders who have delivered a massive win for the local community, economy, and fans that will no doubt benefit and revitalise the region long term.
Impressed with a lot of the fan experience features here including:
– F&B: Vegan pies and ‘Cowboys Castle’ craft beer and members bar, loads of local F&B options and diverse bars/spaces
– Architecture: Pandanus leaf horse-shoe roof, green spaces, 600m & 9m wide concourse, uniquely NQ design
– Cowboys fan engagement: ‘Cowboys Stampede’, JT statue, ‘Captain’s Walk’, non-stop activations
– Tech: Immersive light shows, vibrant LED content, awesome scoreboard, and crisp sound system
– Seating: 25K great views everywhere
– Hospitality: Diverse spaces. ‘Sky Deck’ was a highlight
– Transport/Accessibility: Multiple options, clear way-finding
Built by North Queenslanders for NQers, the venue is a proud moment for the city that has been designed with the fan experience at the forefront.
Comprehensive review coming soon for Australasian Leisure Management magazine while 100 odd 📸 on both my website/Twitter