audioBoom is the biggest spoken-word audio platform on the web and mobile. We work with a worldwide group of broadcasters and publishers to bring the best of their audio content to our highly engaged audience. We offer the best in global audio news, current affairs, sports, music and entertainment from our worldwide channel partners. The BBC, Southern Cross Austereo, Fairfax Digital, Sky, Reuters, CNBC, Time, NPR, talkSPORT, AFL, Financial Times, The Telegraph, The Guardian, the Premier League and Universal are among our 2,000 professional content partners.
audioBoom is at an exciting stage of growth and we are looking to recruit a Digital Content Manager to continue our expansion into the Australian market. The role will be based in Melbourne, Australia.
Reporting directly to the Head of Operations, the Digital Content Manager will be responsible for developing new and existing content partners, with a focus on Entertainment, Business and Current Affairs.
- You will be the point of contact for major radio stations and content producers who use audioBoom to support their editorial needs.
- You will work to curate content on the platform, outreaching our content to relevant press and blogs and maximising content across social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Storify and ThingLink.
- You will need strong editorial judgement and an ability to understand what content works best in-app, online and on different social media platforms to reflect global news trends.
- A strong awareness of Current Affairs, Entertainment and Sport on a national and international level is important, along with a strong interest in audio platforms and social media.
- Identifying, approaching and on-boarding new content partners to the platform.
- Creating presentations and pitching to potential new content partners.
- Managing the on-going relationships with content partners, helping them grow their audience, engage with fans and monetize their content.
- Working to outreach content to press and publishers and promoting relevant and key content across our social media channels.
- Continuously monitor and promote key current affairs, entertainment and music content to create a great listening experience for the audioBoom site and mobile app.
- At least 5 years experience in radio, media or content production
- A strong knowledge and interest in current affairs, entertainment, music and sport
- Regular use and understanding of social media platforms, digital media and on-demand platforms
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational ability
- The ability to inspire and work with others
- Good eye for what content works best online and why, a strong news sense and a creative approach to social media
- Sound knowledge of Australian media law
- Experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of Australian and New Zealand media market
- A postgraduate qualification in broadcast media or related qualification
- A demonstrable understanding of radio production and audio platforms
You will be based at our Melbourne CBD office. This is a full time role and weekend work will also sometimes be required, with days off in another part of the week.
To apply, please submit a short cover letter demonstrating your understanding of our platform, plus your CV & LinkedIn profile to careers@audioBoom.com with ‘Digital Content Manager’ in the subject line. The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday, 1st May, 2015.