It was great to be back in my home town of Brisbane in early May to take in the NRL Brisbane Broncos game day fan experience and Thursday night footy match against the Canterbury Bulldogs at Suncorp Stadium.
It was very good to see some big improvements here since my last visit in 2016 from both the venue and the Broncos, some of which included:
– The Broncos ‘Paddock Bar’ fan zone with bars, local food trucks, live local music and entertainment.
– The XXXX sponsor ‘Take in the Gold’ social space bar which I had the opportunity to check out.
– Quality fan engagement activations on at both ends including skills drills, giveaways and competitions.
– New inflatable team branded entrance points for fans to come in through welcoming them to the game day experience.
– HT activation was clever involving a blindfolded fan having to push a giant football to either the crowd screams or YES (go left) and NO (go right)
– Carvery section inside Suncorp Stadium with roast pork slaw burgers.
– Quality vegan options and cheapest option when normally ‘Vegan’ gets the Vegan tax! May venues across Australia now taking into account the booming vegan movement.
– The Alfie Statue mascot. Possibly the most random mascot I’ve ever witnessed roving around the venue asking people to sign the petition.
Really outstanding entertainment, production and event presentation here with lots of wow factor as fans enter the stadium precinct.