MELBOURNE, Australia — Augmented reality is an area that is showing a lot of traction for teams and venues to showcase their creativity and innovation. The NBA has an AR game...
Blair Hughes interviews Sean Callanan on Sports Geek Podcast
Last month I had the pleasure of interviewing Sean from Sports Geek for the Sports Geek Podcast.
Sean has helped on my journey from teacher to sports business so it was a pleasure to talk to him about his personal brand, his story into sports and digital as well as his lessons for young people looking to craft a career in the sports industry.
In this episode we discussed:
- Where Sean’s passion for sports comes from
- How Sports Geek business card idea came about
- How Sean nearly started working in sports in 1993
- Why Sean was behind the first AFL Club TV show – Bulldogs TV
- How a USA sports trip was a big reason behind #SportsGeekTrip
- A look back at Mountain West data analysis project
- Why Sean barracks for Collingwood
- How Sean secured first Sports Geek clients back in 2010
- Please count how many times Blair says Fan Engagement
- How the skills of digital teams has seen Sean working more with ticketing and sponsorship teams
- How community radio helped build skills for podcasting and radio
- Why Sean is thrilled that Sports Geek clients are amongst the most avid listeners to the podcast
- Why Sean is blown away from listener emails
- Why podcasting is getting so much press right now
- How Sean is looking forward to pushes more into podcasting
- What exactly is CHUNKY media?
- Wait for Sean’s rant on fan engagement
Read the latest in sports business news and sign up here to the Sports Geek newsletter Sports Geek HQ