Personal Brand Statement
I’m a creative and ambitious fan engagement, communications and event management professional with many years of experience visualising, developing and facilitating major events, fan engagement and communications projects with a high success rate of delivering exceptional outcomes for clients in both local and international markets across the music, education and sports industries. I’m a leader, networker and life long learner skilled in digital media, marketing and public relations with exceptional interpersonal skills and a proactive and passionate approach to executing outstanding results.
I identify myself as a resilient lifelong learner and creative communicator who is passionate about engaging with people from a diverse range of backgrounds to facilitate outstanding outcomes. I have been working and traveling from a young age and continue to endeavour to make a positive difference in the world. I’m motivated by wanting to craft a successful personal and professional legacy built on maximising life experiences with all those that I come in contact with.
My working life began in hospitality services at the Brisbane Gabba Sports Stadium managing private suites and public bars. Following this and completing university, I relocated to the UK, where I took up teaching posts both in Mildenhall, Suffolk and in London. My teaching experiences abroad taught me about leadership, creative thinking and effective communication and have since enabled me to work successfully in challenging situations with people from a wide variety of cultures and backgrounds.
During my work as a teacher, I concurrently held a position in the team at the historic Hammersmith Apollo in London to pursue my passion for venue management. I also gained valuable venue operations experience working under respected venue owners at Brisbane’s famous The Zoo Nightclub from 2007-2011.
In 2006, I founded the successful music business Brisbane Sounds, which promoted artists on the national and global stage. Over six years, I attracted an 18K+ community of followers across social media, collaborated with government and local councils, developed Australia’s first gig guide ‘app’, produced five compilation albums showcasing 100+ artists, toured and booked artists internationally, promoted and marketed gigs and managed various local artists.
I was one of the founding teachers in 2010 at the innovative Music Industry College, which provides a platform for teenagers to pursue their music careers while completing high school and taught Film and New Media here. I have also held a position at Brisbane TAFE teaching fan engagement and event management to teenagers since 2012. In both of these roles, I have been able to draw upon my experiences living and teaching overseas, and also the wealth of knowledge and hands on experience I gained while working in the entertainment industry to educate and lead young people who are also passionate about these fields.
In December 2013 I left teaching after 7 years to undertake an internship at Queens Park Rangers Football Club in London to gain valuable insights into fan engagement, venue and event management, communications, marketing, operations, digital media and public relations at this global club.
I currently manage the operations for audioBoom in Australia and New Zealand and have created partnerships with major radio, media, podcasters and sporting teams including Macquarie Media, SEN, RSN, the 2015 Cricket World Cup, Australian Open, AFL, A-League, Hockey Australia, NZ Cricket BLACKCAPS, Hockey Australia, NZ Hockey BLACKSTICKS and many more.
Areas of Expertise:
- Fan Engagement
- Venue Management
- Digital Media
- Media & Public Relations
- Social Media
- Youth Oriented Strategies
- Event Management
- Brand Development
- Bachelor of Education,University of Queensland 2006
- Bachelor of Behavioural Studies, University of Queensland 2006
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment , TAFE Queensland 2012
- Certificate III App Design, TAFE Queensland 2011
- Certificate III iBook Design, TAFE Queensland 2011
- Current RSA, First Aid, QCT (Full Registration)
- AudioBoom (Head of AUS/NZ Operations) Feb 2014-2017
- Queens Park Rangers Football Club UK (Internship) Dec 2013-Feb 2014
- Music Industry College 2010-2014 (High School Teacher)
- TAFE Brisbane 2012-2014 (Adult Education Teacher)
- Brisbane Sounds 2006-2012 (Owner and Director)
- Suffolk County Council/Protocol Education, UK 2007-2008 (Primary School Teacher)
- The Hammersmith Apollo, London, UK 2008 (Customer Relations & Hospitality Services)
- Gabba Sports Ground/Brisbane Cricket Ground 1999-2006 (Hospitality Services)
- Yeronga AFL Club/ Yeronga Services Club 1996, 2008-2010 (Hospitality Services)